Abstract Submission Period
Abstract Submission is closed.
Thank you for your submission.
||Abstract submissions can only be made electronically through the congress website.
Please submit the abstract by following the submission procedures.
||Please note that abstracts submitted by e-mail, mail or fax CANNOT be accepted.
- The abstract must not exceed 3,000 characters (blank spaces, punctuation, authors’ affiliation and titles included). It must be submitted in English and should be written with clear paragraphs for “Objectives,” “Materials and Methods,” “Result” and “Conclusion.”
- Do not include any figures, tables, charts, references or illustrations.
- An abstract can be submitted to the ICC2016 if it has not been published previously and only presented at a national meeting.
- Before submitting your abstract, you have to create your personal account. During the submission period, you may edit your abstract with this ID and the password. Please retain them safely for future reference.
Once submission is completed, you will automatically receive an e-mail confirming the receipt of your abstract submission. If you do not receive this e-mail within 30 minutes after submission, there is a possibility that your submission has not been processed successfully. If you do not receive any confirmation by e-mail, please contact the Congress Secretariat (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- After the deadline for abstract submission, any change related to abstracts cannot be made. Please make sure all the submitted information is accurate before the deadline.
- Each individual may submit more than one abstract with the same account.
- The first author must present his/her presentation.
- The first author must make a pre-registration by March 4th, 2016.
- Abstracts received after the deadline will not be accepted and will therefore not be considered for the program or for publication.
- The correct topic must be selected to ensure correct scoring.
- The content of the abstract must be topic related:
||Female genital tract (Gynecology)
||Molecular testing in gynecological cytology
||Liver and Pancreas
||Molecular testing in non-gynecological cytology
- Abstracts should be submitted in clear and concise English. Please ensure that your abstract does not contain spelling, grammatical or scientific errors. No corrections are possible after the submission deadline. The abstract will be reproduced exactly as submitted. No editing or proof-reading will be done before printing. The first/presenting authors are responsible for his/her abstract.
- The first/presenting author is responsible for getting agreements from co-authors before submission.
- Abstracts must contain data and meet international ethical standards.
- Abbreviations may be used after defining them first.
- Trade names cannot be mentioned in the title. However, trade names in brackets will be accepted in the body of the text.
- Submitted abstracts can be re-edited and modified until the submission deadline (December 10th, 2015). Therefore, the submitting author will be required to provide the ID and the password during the submission. To complete submission process, all required fields (marked with a red asterisk) must be filled in. The submitted abstracts cannot be edited after the submission deadline.
- If you need to withdraw your abstract, a written statement reflecting the reasons for this decision must be sent to email@example.com no later than December 31st , 2015.
- The authors agree to confine their presentation to the topic in the abstract.
The reviewers will judge the abstracts according to the relevance to ICC 2016, standard of English, objectivity of statements, description of what was done, suitability of methods to aims, conclusions confirmed by objective results, ethics, scientific value, potential clinical value, originality of work and overall impression. Abstracts will be peer-reviewed by the Scientific Committee and external reviewers without knowledge of their source. Acceptance or rejection of an abstract is based on the average grade awarded by the reviewers. The submitting authors will be notified by February, 2016, at the e-mail address (submitting author) provided during submission, whether their abstract has been accepted. It is the author’s responsibility to ensure that e-mails from ICC 2016 can reach them.
All abstracts accepted for presentation (oral or poster) will be published online (supplement issue of Acta Cytologica - The Journal of Clinical Cytology and Cytopathology).
Presentation of Abstracts
- The author can indicate preference for either oral or poster presentation at the time of abstract submission. However, the final decision of presentation style is made by the Scientific Committee, and your understanding and corporation are highly appreciated.
- If the abstract is accepted as a poster, presenting author will be requested to present at the poster sessions.
Congress Registration and Attendance
- Submission of an abstract does not constitute registration for the Congress.
- Submission of an abstract implies the commitment that if abstract is accepted, the presenting author will attend the meeting and the expectation that financial resources to attend are available.
- If the original presenting author is unable to present, one of the co-authors should take over this responsibility. The presenting author should immediately notify the ICC 2016 Program Committee if he/she is unable to make a presentation or if the presenting author must be changed.
- Registration and payment of the fees must be completed by March 4th, 2016 at the latest. If the speaker fails to register and pay before March 4th, 2016, his/her abstract will be excluded from the scientific program and publication.
Speaker Disclosure of Potential Conflicts of Interest
The Scientific Committee requires that all presentations be as free of commercial bias as possible and that any information on commercial products or services be based on already generally accepted medical thinking. It is also preferred that generic drug names be used wherever possible and that any presentation referring to unlabelled or research-associated commercial products should disclose this situation to session attendees.
The ICC2016 is pleased to announce Travel Grants for young participants.
- Applicants for the Travel Grants must be;
Under 35 years old at the time of the congress, April 28th in 2016
Attend and present at the congress.
||Submit an abstract for oral or poster presentation.
||When you submit the abstract, indicate that you would like your abstract to apply for the travel grants.
There will be a question asking you if you would like to apply for the grants or not.
||Complete the on-line registration by March 4th, 2016.
Selection will be based on evaluation of abstracts and regional distribution.
You will be notified in April whether or not you have been selected as the candidate of a Grant.
Will be paid on-site in person only, after your presentation.
Payment will be made in cash.
The grant is not transferable, under any circumstances.